PE and Sports Premium Funding Allocation
In 2013, the DfE introduced the PE and Sports Grant to improve both the provision of PE in schools and to increase the participation of pupils in sports to promote healthy lifestyles.
Below is a report on how we, as a school, have spent the money and the impact it has had upon the school.
Plans for 2019-2020
In 2019-2020 we will be working in partnership with our local family of schools to provide :
- extend our sports coaching at lunchtimes to include 4 coaches providing opportunities both indoors and outdoors
- employ an experienced Specialist Sports Coach to deliver the PE National Curriculum along side the classteacher
- extend the range of extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to participate in
- provide continued professional development opportunities for staff
- increase pupil participation in locally organised sporting events, festivals and competitions
- purchase new resources to further develop provision
- further develop our assesment of pupils’ skills in Physical Education through a new PE Passport tracking system
- achieve Gold Games Mark Award for third consecutive year
- Organise themed PE and Sports Days to extend the range of sports pupils are able to experience
Please see below for our full report about how the school allocated its funding in 2018-2019 and the impact of the funding as well as how the school intends to allocate the funding in 2019-2020.