Some children bring a packed lunch from home. In order to promote eating healthily and to safeguard children with allergies, the following are NOT allowed in children’s lunchboxes:
- fizzy drinks
- peanut butter sandwiches or any snack containing nuts.
Water is availble for all children at lunchtimes and children are encouraged to bring a bottle containing water only, for refreshment during the school day.
School Milk is provided by ‘Cool Milk‘ and parents can register online by clicking on the image below. Please register by a Tuesday, to start the following week.Milk is completely free for all children aged under five (until the Friday before the child’s 5th birthday) and is subsidised for children aged five or over. Pleaes note that children who receive Free School Meals , are entitled to free milk.
Free School Meals:
Year 2 and below
If your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2 they can get free school meals as part of the national Universal Free Infant School Meals Scheme.
Year 3 and above
If your child is under 19 and in full-time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them if you get one of these benefits:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Apply for Free School Meals by downloading and completing the form below or asking the school office for a form.
Application Form For Free School Meals